Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Moving Platform is an Action Block that slides back and forth along an invisible path.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Moving Platform's main body can be attached to any other block using any of its six surfaces.
- The entire combination of Moving Platform and its path are frozen and cannot move or rotate.
- The Moving Platform's main body can be built upon. Any block or model that is glued to the main body will move along the path with the platform.
- To define the Moving Platform's starting point, simply place the main body block; this will be its Position A.
- The Moving Platform's path direction is defined by the transparent bar that sticks out from the main body block. By rotating the Moving Platform, the user may point the bar in whatever direction is desired.
- To lengthen or shorten the Moving Platform's travel distance, simply scale the Moving Platform. This will shrink or grow the transparent bar to whatever length is desired. The end of the bar is the Moving Platform's Position B.
- By default, a placed Moving Platform adds a To A Scripting Tile to its Programming Window, followed by a To B Tile. On play, the Moving platform will move in a constant "ping-pong" motion between its A and B position, at a moderate Speed of 10. These default Tiles can be replaced or modified by the user.
- Using the Camera Follow action on a model connected to a Moving Platform also follows the entire invisible path.
List of Scripting Tiles[edit | edit source]
Image Tile Name Description Parameter To A Slides the Moving Platform all the way to Position A at the selected speed Speed (Slider) To B Slides the Moving Platform all the way to Position B at the selected speed Speed (Slider) Towards A Conditional; slides the Moving Platform toward Position A at the selected speed (this allows for pausing/interruption of the platform's movement) Speed (Slider) Towards B Conditional; slides the Moving Platform toward Position B at the selected speed (this allows for pausing/interruption of the platform's movement) Speed (Slider) Step to A Causes the Moving Platform to move toward Position A in fixed steps (distances are in block units) Units (Slider) Step to B Causes the Moving Platform to move toward Position B in fixed steps (distances are in block units) Units (Slider) At A Conditional; allows Signal or other triggering when Moving Platform reaches Position A N/A At B Conditional; allows Signal or other triggering when Moving Platform reaches Position B N/A Free Allows free movement of Moving Platform; used to allow finger-dragging of platform, or pushing by another object Resistance (Slider)
Usage[edit | edit source]
Usage information for this block.
Using a Moving Platform is the most reliable way to make a model move along a straight line along an axis because the fixed rotation prevents jamming.
It is not possible, unfortunately, to connect two Moving Platforms together for movement in a plane.
Tips & Tricks[edit | edit source]
Tips and tricks for this block.