How To Build and Publish a World
- Building and publishing worlds is the core of Blocksworld! Here you will learn how to build and publish your first world into the Blocksworld Play section community!
- Let's get started...
- From the main menu open the Build section.
- Navigate to the Build a New World tab.
- Tap on one of the world images to create a new version of that world.
- For example build a new Blockster Bay world by tapping on the Blockster Bay image.
- After loading is finished populate the world with whatever you like.
- For example build a car or house.
- When finished building, press the back button in the upper left corner to exit Build Mode and return to the Build section.
- After returning to the Build section a popup will immediately appear for the world that was just exited.
- This popup is the world's World Window where the title, description, categories and image can be customized.
- To rename this world tap on the title Blockster Bay to bring up the keyboard.
- Similarly, to add a description to the world tap on the Tap to change description text to bring up the keyboard.
- It can be helpful to describe the purpose or goals of the world, or how to control the contraptions in the world here so that players have a better understanding of what to do!
- Tap Choose a category and select up to three categories.
- The categories chosen here determine what Play section categories this world will appear in.
- Tap anywhere outside of the Category selection window to dismiss it.
- Tap the image on the image on the World Window to take an Action Snapshot of the world.
- Press 'Go!' to start taking your Action Snapshot by pressing 'Go!'
- You will be loaded directly into Play Mode of the world; move things where you want and then press Pause in the upper left corner.
- While paused move the camera where you like and then press the Snapshot button in the upper left corner. This will exit the world and save that image as the world's Action Snapshot.
- Finally, to publish your world press the green Publish button in the lower right corner of the World Window.
- After passing moderation the world will be available for play by anyone!
- Be sure to share your world to social media so that everyone can see it!
- You can even go to the Play section and search for the title of your world to see it!
Tips and Tricks