The Hinge Slab is an Action Block that allows for single-axis rotation (like an elbow or knee).
- The Hinge Slab is a special variant of the Hinge, mounted on a Slab. This allows placement that is not possible with a regular Hinge.
- The Hinge Slab can be attached to any other block using 2 of its surfaces (its base, or its swivel plate), and can be rotated to stack with other Slabs in a one-block volume.
- If a block is attached to the Hinge Slab's swivel plate (on the front surface), the block will rotate from the Hinge Slab's center point.
- The Hinge Slab's range of motion allows it to rotate 90 degrees forward or 90 degrees backward from neutral, for a total range of 180 degrees.
- Using a "Free" scripting tile makes the block's hinge into a passive joint. However, the Hinge Slab can also be powered; the "Wind" or "Step" scripting tiles can pull the block's hinge in either direction (marked as Right or Left), and then released using the "Released" scripting tile.
List of Scripting Tiles
Image Tile Name Description Parameter Wind Left Winds the Hinge Slab clockwise at a constant speed Speed (Slider) Wind Right Winds the Hinge Slab counterclockwise at a constant speed Speed (Slider) Step Left Steps the Hinge Slab clockwise at a constant speed (like a clock's second hand) Speed (Slider) Step Right Steps the Hinge Slab counterclockwise at a constant speed (like a clock's second hand) Speed (Slider) Free Allows the Hinge Slab to rotate freely; attachments are still affected by physics N/A Release Forcefully releases any Wind or Step tension in the Hinge Slab (like a catapult) and returns it to a neutral position N/A
Usage information for this block.
Tips & Tricks
Tips and tricks for this block.